- ELIXIR CZ requires attribution for any of its services or data
that it is subsequently used in another product or service.
- The public databases of ELIXIR CZ are freely available by any
individual and for any purpose.
- Software which can be run on the ELIXIR CZ web pages may be used
by any individual for any purpose unless specific exceptions are
stated. The only exceptions with respect to software will be the
prohibition of downloading, redistributing or re-engineering the
software, and these exceptions only apply if explicitly stated.
- Users of ELIXIR CZ services agree not to attempt to use any part
of ELIXIR CZ computers, files or networks apart from through the
service interfaces provided.
- If any single organisation (user) exploits ELIXIR CZ services to
a level that prevents, or looks set to prevent, ELIXIR CZ providing
services to others, ELIXIR CZ may discontinue service to that user.
ELIXIR CZ will then contact the user to discuss their needs and how
(and if) these can be met. Suggested solutions may include such
heavy users licensing for their own in-house use third-party
software used in ELIXIR CZ services (e.g. from biowisdom, QBioCom,
Wash. University, U. of Virginia, NCBI). With permission from the
user, ELIXIR CZ may divulge their identity to such third parties,
and jointly propose possible solutions.
- ELIXIR CZ does not guarantee the accuracy of any data or databases
nor the suitability of databases, software and services for any purpose.
- For planning and scientific review purposes, ELIXIR CZ will keep
records of usage. ELIXIR CZ may make information about the total
volume of usage of particular software or databases to third parties
organisations who supply the software or databases. Logs of usage
may also be maintained for the purposes of monitoring and improving
services, and measuring the impact a particular service has on our
resources. These logs will be kept in confidence and not made
available for other purposes or to third parties. EMBL-EBI regards
the nature of the work carried out by any individual user as
confidential, and shall make every reasonable attempt to prevent
breaches of that confidentiality (link to Privacy Statement).
- ELIXIR CZ does not accept responsibility for the consequences of any
breach of the confidentiality of ELIXIR CZ site by third parties who
by any means gain illegitimate access to information from ELIXIR CZ.
- ELIXIR CZ itself places no restrictions on the use or redistribution
of the data available via its services. However, some of the original
data may be subject to rights claimed by third parties, including but
not limited to, patent, copyright, other intellectual property rights
as well as biodiversity-related access and benefit-sharing rights.
It is the responsibility of users of ELIXIR CZ services to ensure
that their exploitation of the data does not infringe any of the
rights of such third parties. ELIXIR CZ can neither comment on
the validity of their claims nor grant unrestricted permission
regarding the use of the data.
- ELIXIR CZ will make all reasonable effort to maintain continuity of
service and provide adequate warning of any changes or discontinuities.
However, ELIXIR CZ accepts no responsibility for the consequences of
any temporary or permanent discontinuity in service.
- Any feedback on services and software provided by ELIXIR CZ will be
treated as non-confidential unless the individual or organisation
providing the feedback states otherwise.
- ELIXIR CZ is not liable to you or third parties claiming through
you, for any loss or damage.
ELIXIR CZ services are offered. We will not, without good reason,
alter them, and where alterations are inevitable, we will attempt
to give reasonable notice of such alterations. However, we do reserve
the right to alter these terms at any time in order to ensure their
appropriateness to ELIXIR CZ mission.
addressed to The Administrator.